Sunday, August 25, 2019

on summer 2019

After writing this intro what feels like 100 times in my head over the past 3 months, I figured I should actually sit down to start this. 
Summer 2019 was interesting and all over the place- probably how this
blog post is going to go.

This summer I worked at a local outdoor event venue. 

I have learned about all the preparation it takes to put events on. 
It is a very detailed process. I had my own desk and
decorated a spot in my office. I spent most of my days
scheduling and posting on Facebook,
creating posters on Canva, decorating for upcoming events,
and answering phones. I had the chance to work
national concerts like Billy Currington,
Chase Rice, Scotty McCreery and more. 
I decorated for the Disco Party, the 80’s Party
and the 90’s Party.  I have met some really
great people through it all as well. 
It felt like home- everyone laughed together,
checked in on me and helped out whenever needed. 
I really am going to miss that place. 
I am not sure where I will go next for a job but I am giving it all to God.

I was very happy at my job for the past 3 months and all,
but I missed my campers at Storer. 
I followed along with some pictures each week
and I just know they had the chance to experience the camp
magic more and more.

I also missed my friends more than I ever have
this summer. We are all so busy lately
and I just miss how life used to be.

Going into this semester I am hopeful that I will gain knowledge 

I need to receive my degree (not sure when yet, stay tuned!), 
that I will keep up a good work ethic and in everything I do-  act more like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment