Friday, December 31, 2021

2021…

2021…

I really never know how to start these year in review blog posts.
I can’t compare last year to this year but man this year was tough too. I dealt with a ton and most that I never saw coming. 
But this year, of course had many highs also. I had a huge tear where so many goals came through. I founded, created, planned and ran a whole retreat from the ground up and I am beyond proud of that. I was also an anchor/producer/reporter on my campus’ student run newscast. My news class was crazy hard but super fun and I have been looking forward to it honestly since the day I first looked at going to college there. Hours upon hours sitting editing my stories and learning everything I could about my future career.
But there was tons of lows this year as well, sadly I had to work closely with a few people who didn’t care about what they should have one bit. In those situations, I had to deal with a lot more problems than necessary sadly. It was tough but I’m so glad I pushed through and listened to myself. I didn’t give up.

Committed. Committed was my 2021 word of the year.
I was ‘committed’ to quite a lot this year…
Committed to keeping up my relationship with God not only when times got tough or when they were great but all the other moments as well.
Committed to founding and running the retreat to the best of my ability.
Committed to continuing C’s story, not letting it end there.
Committed to the retreat kids, even before I knew who they were.
Committed to standing my ground.
Committed to knowing when to speak and when to not.
Committed to letting it not drain me.
Committed to looking out for myself after looking out for others for so long.
Committed to my news class and pouring everything I had into it.
Committed to working really hard towards my future career.
Committed to teaching myself, practical life and career lessons and skills.
Committed to not stopping when it got hard.
Committed to figuring it out.
Committed to letting things go, this one hasn’t been easy- I know I strayed away from it and I had to keep reminding myself.
Committed to the beginning stages of working on my mental & physical health. 
Committed to staying creative even when I didn’t feel like it.
Committed to not letting one little thing ruin my whole day.
Committed to knowing what I needed and looking for it.
Committed to showing up, no matter what.
Committed to myself, honestly, through it all I never gave up.

Wherever you are, I’m wishing you and your family a happy and safe 2022! 

No comments:

Post a Comment