Tuesday, January 2, 2018

wholeheartedly…



Ever since my senior year of high school, I have created a word I want to focus on for the year. This idea is based off the book “One Word”, you should totally give it a read… it’s so worth it! 
Looking back to when I started, I have learned I need to start focusing on these words and actions right away and stop doing it just when I feel like it during the course of the year.

My 2016 Word was beginning: beginning a new job, beginning college, beginning commuting, beginning getting involved in my new city ect.

My 2017 Word was originally going to be wait, but I shifted it to growth.  I feel like 2017 was the year of growth for me. I was growing and learning about moving on, bettering myself and just trying to get out of my comfort zone and enjoy life more. I was growing and maturing each day. (see my previous blog post for more!)


My 2018 Word this year is wholeheartedly!   
In this new year, I want to to wholeheartedly love, follow and trust Jesus. To go all in.
To give everything I have to Jesus, my friends, family, others, Camp and myself.
There is only one kind of life that really glorifies Him, and that is the life that is •wholeheartedly• given over to Him.
“It means to follow Him in all that we are, in all that we do and in all that we say, and to do this wherever we are and under every circumstance –- completely.” I think this year, I just need to learn to trust Jesus wherever He takes me. I need to wholeheartedly put everything I can into strengthening my faith, strengthening my relationships with my family and friends and strengthening myself as a camp counselor. I would love to say yes more in 2018, say yes to anything good that comes my way. I just want to put my all into everything and be happy while doing so. In 2018, I want to give everything I have to Jesus and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment