Monday, April 16, 2018

Im a camp counselor…

I’m a camp counselor…

I believe in camp
I believe in shorts, t-shirt’s and backpacks
I believe in drinking your water
I believe everyone should have back pocket activities to play during free time
I believe in repeat after me and do as I do songs 
I believe in silly skits
and I believe in loosing my voice because of them
I believe in early mornings and late nights
and I believe in the beauty of camp sunsets and sunrises
I believe in Stoney Lake and all the joy it brings to people of all ages
and I believe in helping someone experience something they never have before
I believe in lots of s’mores & many campfires
I believe camp changes people’s lives including my own
I believe there’s no place like camp and I wish I could stay forever
I believe in making memories all day and all night long
I REALLY believe in saska
I believe in sleeping bags and bunks and hanging towels out to dry
I believe that I am the person I am today because of camp
I believe in this 1200 acre property being my safe space
I believe in jumping into help someone else whenever needed
I believe in camp food & I live for camp’s cookie tarts
I believe in card games and lots of laughs with fellow counselors during TO
I believe that the best conversations can happen at camp
I believe that weird tan lines, sunburns and greasy hair can be sort of cool 
I believe that most days I honestly can’t tell you what the day is but I can tell you how many days until camp
I believe in ‘sorry, I work at camp’ as an example for why I am the way I am
I believe in encouraging and inspiring other counselors and I believe in star stories
I believe in saying and doing the right things because my campers are looking up to me
I believe in needing help and not being afraid to ask for it
I believe camp is not always easy, but it’s always, always worth it
I believe I feel more at home at camp and the surrounding areas than I actually do at home
I believe in not knowing we are making memories- we just know we are having fun
I believe so much in random adventures all over camp property
I believe I can relate just about anything to camp
I believe in the camp “bubble” where you have no idea what’s going on in the outside world and wouldn't want it any other way
I believe in braids 24/7 at camp
I belive in taking some time to recharge and refresh yourself when needed at camp
I believe in Gaga ball and trail rides
I believe that camp life has taught me people and leadership skills that I know I couldn’t have learned anywhere else
I believe camp is being yourself, your true honest and raw self
I believe camp is camp because of the people you get to experience it with
I believe meeting people from across the world is one of camp’s most amazing features
I believe every child should have a chance to go to camp
I believe being a camp counselor is the best job in the world

I believe camp is good- no, great!

in fact I believe camp is the best place on Earth…


And I believe this is going to be the best summer yet!!






No comments:

Post a Comment